Neil Dee, “Taking Stock of Ireland’s Defence Industry”, The Azure Forum for Contemporary Security Strategy, February 2022.
The Azure Forum for Contemporary Security Strategy was commissioned by the Irish Defence and Security Association (IDSA) to produce an independent report on the Irish defence industry. The report, the first of its kind in Ireland, was designed to provide the IDSA with a high-level, state-of-play overview of the industry in Ireland. Authored by Neil Dee, this report provides research on several key questions:
- The size and sectoral scope of the Irish Defence Industry.
- The economic value and impact of the industry.
- The scale and type of Irish military and dual-use exports.
- Comparisons of the Irish sector to that in other states.
- The top suppliers to the Irish Defence Forces and Department of Defence.
- The level of Irish government and industry engagement on defence-related European Union industry innovation projects such as the European Defence Fund (EDF).
- Current and projected Government spending on defence and on Government funding for the sector.